The “Matlock Top 10” – Local sportive on the 25th
Looking for a challenge next weekend? Dark and White events have organised a short but hilly Sportive based just outside Matlock in Darley Dale. This is the last of the Derbyshire based Sportives for this year we are aware of.
Two routes are on offer. Let us know if you’re planning to do it.
NEW EVENT – Matlock Top Ten – Tackle the famous hill climbs surrounding Matlock. This is an extremely challenging short sportive with ride options of 60km (1750m ascent) and 33km (751m) based in the Derwent Valley and surrounding countryside – expect some very steep ascents (10 on the long route; 4 on the shorter route) with gradients in excess of 20%. Includes: Sydnope Hill, Bank Road, Riber Road, Wirksworth, Bonsall, Birchover & Rowsley Bar. Make this sportive your final big challenge before Winter.
On each route expect:
- A clearly signed/arrowed route
- A feed-station providing juice, water, gels/bars and fruit
- Colour route map provided including emergency numbers
- SPORTident chip timing for an instant post-event time
- Refreshments at the finish
- Gold, silver and bronze awards based on your finishing time
Read our Matlock Top 10 Event Guide